Monday, May 13, 2013
I started Insanity on April 29th with the 'Fit Test'. Because I had trained for an event in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, my legs were pretty strong - BUT my upper body a whole different story. It's been 15 days now and the program has you re-take the 'Fit Test'. As results will show my upper body is getting stronger. The workouts are still pretty tough, BUT I'm pretty happy with the results thus far and in a weird kinda way I look forward to working out each day. Haven't felt like this in a long time.
FIT TEST day 1 compared to Today day 15;
1. Switch Kicks - 49 to 63 (butt & calf burner)
2. Power Jacks - 50 to 62 (these burn my thighs)
3. Power Knees - 86 to 95 (another thigh burner)
4. Power Jumps - 37 to 41 (Ugh!)
5. Globe Jumps - 8 to 11 (I like these, whole body workout)
6. Suicide Jumps - 9 to 15 (fancy name for burpees w/o the push up)
7. Push-up Jacks - 6 to 14 (Hard!!)
8. Low Plank Oblique - 24 to 38 (need to continue to work on back muscles)
Not to shabby =) I'll re-take the test again in 3 weeks... Should be ummm will be another WOW moment I'm sure.