Sunday, May 12, 2013
Today was a day I will never ever forget for as long as I live. I do believe that my stepfather was watching us today.
My sister in law called mom and I today at around 4:00pm, crying her eyes out and said that my brother was at the hospital and had passed out in their driveway as they were coming home from lunch and was unresponsive.
We absolutely panicked.
Mom and I drove about an hour and a 1/2 to Indiana to the hospital and pulled into where they were just as he was getting released and were driving home.
He was OK thank the lord (I do believe as I said that my step dad was watching).
Anyway, the doctors my sister in law told us said that he had choked on a piece of hard candy and had she not been there when she found him...
Let's just say I would not have had to tell you that I would be writing an obituary.
I mean mom and I going through her last three chemotherapy treatments is hard enough.
They said that my soon to be 8 year old (she turns 8 next week) niece went into hysterics when she saw him.
I am going to learn CPR again so this never happens again. All I could of think of was please god, do not let this happen.
I love him and his family too much to let this happen.
I have been having difficult nights of sleep as it is anyway as I am getting very cold very easily here lately.