Saturday, May 11, 2013
Okay so lets be honest, it went better than I thought it would. The first 2 days were incredibly easy and I got ahead of myself. I assumed it wouldn't fail at all and then day 3 hit. We woke up late so we ate breakfast at noon and then we skipped lunch altogether. It was a bit of a mess to be honest but I think we learned from it. We did wind up going out to eat on Thursday evening because the day got ahead of me and I didn't get time to cook anything. Other than that though every meal was home made!
Things I learned:
1. Be prepared for what each day schedule looks like.
2. Have back up plans if you run out of time to cook a big meal.
3. Crock Pots are your friend...use them.
4. Don't let one mess up ruin the whole day. Just go onto the next meal.
5. Eating healthy is a process, it doesn't happen overnight.
6. Not everyone in the family is going to love your black bean burger idea...be flexible.
Overall I am glad we did it and plan to do it again when we get back from our road trip to Kansas City.