Thursday, May 09, 2013
Stepping out of my comfort zone to make some positive life changes is on my list of goals for this week. I was reading an article and found the following tips for confronting fears to make necessary changes:
1. Time is precious. Living life to the fullest means that you're not letting moments go by and become meaningless.
2. Instead of being afraid to try something new, change that and shift your fear into the fear of being mediocre and living that life that you don't want to live. Instead of hiding from necessary changes that make you uncomfortable, hide from your current comfort zone that can end up being self-sabotaging.
3. Use the fear to understand what is important to you. If you're scared of trying something it could potentially be because it is something very important to you. The scareder you are, the more important it is to figure out exactly why you're scared. If it's because you're scared of failing at something you want to succeed at then that fear needs to go and inspiration needs to take it's place because you have figured out what is important to you.
4. Ask yourself, will you look back and be happy at how you spent your time this week, today or in the last hour? Time is limited so putting life on a track that is meaningful to you now will give you greater satisfaction than if you wait till some unplanned moment to do what you always wanted to do or don't do it at all.
5. Instead of fearing change, fear losing precious time or precious opportunities to accomplish what you really want.
6. Be aware that your time is of value as you walk through life. You are of value. You are worth the changes that will make you a healthier, happier person.
7. Fear is change is only bad if you don't face that fear and move past it. Then its just a building block. Every time you find yourself saying "I can't" because something just seems insurmountable, clearly think about how switching to "I can" will impact all aspects of your life.
8. Being tough, disciplined and organized when reaching for goals is a sign of strength. If you're not clear on what your goals are, identifying small changes that could move you in a positive direction and accomplishing them will help you clarify and define clear goals.
9. "If you live as though there will always be a tomorrow, then you'll never make much of today."