Day #315 - Almost there 50 more days!!! Day #2 food logging
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
No workout yesterday as I stated last nite.
I logged in all of my food for yesterday and proud to say that I'm under my calories for the day!!! My new goal is to track my food for the entire month of May. I believe once I accomplish this goal I would have made this a HABIT!!! So I'm downloading the app on my phone and trying this approach. I was going to join WW online and use their tools but thought:
1. I know what to eat and how much too eat - I just need to eat those things.
2. I know that i need to track my food to see EXACTLY how many calories I'm consuming not guessing I'm eating within range.
3. I know that I have to drink my water at a minimum of 64 ounces a day
4. I know I need to get at minimum 30 minutes of exercise 5-6 days a week
5. I know I didn't gain this weight overnight and I most certainly know I won't lose it overnight.
6. I know that I can do this because the most weight I've ever lost was 48#s (so close to 50). I did it once I can do it again
7. I know that fruits and more veggies must become a staple in my diet
8. I know that sugar, bread and pastas are not helping me get there
9. I know that consistency in all of these areas will get me where I desire to go.
10. I know I need to cut out the over indulgence in sweets (my enemy)
So, my focus for the month of May (what's left of it) is to do the things I listed above and I know that the weight will begin to dissolve.
What's so crazy about all of this I get surprised when I do these things and I lose weight consistently. Why can't I just continue to do this and stop putting the blame on other areas. So I think that as I approach my one year of consistently exercising my next focus will be on my eating not exactly sure what or how just yet. There are a few areas I want to change so I'll give some thought to this over the next 23 days. By June 1st I hope to have something ready.
Our Pastor had special prayer last nite for anyone that wanted to lose weight. As I said in an earlier blog I believe in the power of prayer. His advice on eating and weighing I usually disagree with. As I initially thought -- he was told he needs to lose 15#s so I knew it was something like that which brought this up again. But I join the group to lose as I'm already on the journey but most certainly can use the prayer and Gods guidance.
I'm still debating on how I will celebrate my one year of consistency - but I'll be sure to share when I do decide.