Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Since putting away my scale I am strictly relying on NSV's to show my progress. I have to say that I'm happy with the decision, and the results. I think my current NSV is my favorite. Yesterday I had a busy, active day. In the past, even the recent past, I would have been sore the next day. Today, I'm feeling good. Even my knee that was bothering me yesterday at the end of the day feels back to normal this morning.
Since January, my NSV's are:
1) Down a pants size. Still tight, but getting more comfortable every week.
2) I was finally able to buy a smaller size underwear! When you have to stop and pull up your undies every few steps, it's a sign they are getting too big.
3) I've lost a total of 6 inches. It may not seem like a lot, but every inch helps.
4) I can comfortably sleep on my stomach again!!!
5) When taking progress pictures, my back fat is decreasing and my shape is coming back.
6) I need to buy a smaller shoe size, again.
7) I'm actually starting to increase my daily veggie intake because I want to, not because I have to.
8) My plantars fascitiis is getting much better. It's now only in my left foot instead of both feet, which makes walking and moving much easier.
9) I'm journaling more and dealing with the emotional issues that have kept me stuck for so long.
10) I've increased my ST work out time and have added some new exercises to it. Now I just need to remember to track it!
11) I have more energy than last year. Fall and Winter used to see me sleeping the days away while the kids were at school. This past year, that rarely happened. I was up cleaning and taking care of business instead of feeling depressed and tired all the time.
Sure, my ticker doesn't move down with pounds dropping off, but I kind of like these results better. I've been working very hard to change my mindset from losing weight to being healthy. Taking the focus off my weight and putting it onto my overall health is making this much easier for me.
Eventually I will break out the scale again just to see what it says, but not util I choose to. It won't be because everyone else tells me that's the only way I will know if anything is changing. I have proof that my body is changing for the better every single day.