I just had this amazing long weekend, with the centerpiece being an athletic event. What have I LEARNED to take with me back to work?
1. I have learned that there *is* something to residual fitness, and one doesn't have to train in the extreme to be able to meet goals.
2. I have learned (re-learned, re-confirmed) the importance of never giving up, of putting my health first, of standing firm in my commitment to taking care of me.
And what have I RESOLVED for the next six months?
Resolved that: My love for my work and my obsession with it shall NOT be allowed to steal my athleticism from me. The glow that comes, the happiness from being active is too vital to my identity to go back into the shell of self-punishment in the guise of "treat" eating and self-pity.
In that light, and in search of balance, today's reminders:
* Drink that water!
* Eat what's in the bag, it's healthy, and that's why you packed it!
* Take those break walks, even if they aren't at the "normal" time.
* Let yourself go for that swim after work! Leave work in time to allow for it.
* And remember, it will all be there tomorrow... stand firm.
Spark a great day, my friends! WE are worth it. LIFE is good, every person I meet who is surviving whatever challenges they have been handed reminds me of this anew. Every loved one I know, every stranger who has departed reminds me of this as well.
Today I shall honor them all by LIVING life, a moment at a time, and appreciating how wonderful it is.