Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Okay. First the blog title. Growing up I was always told how pretty I would be if I just lost weight. I, of course, rebelled against this and just ate more! My mum tried to get me to accentuate the positives.
Being a glass half empty kind of gal, I am trying to acknowledge the positives in my life rather than the negatives. I would like to recognise 12 things I am grateful for. Why 12? It's my favorite number! Also I need to really reflect on my day to find 12 things and thereby change my attitude. So here goes my gratitude list for today...
1. Connecting to a blog written by a fellow Sparkie.
2. Watching my son chop wood before school.
3. Getting to work in my car ( I have been having car trouble!).
4. Coming home to a warm house.
5. My daughter making chocolate muffins as a surprise.
6. Hearing about my eldest daughter's day.
7. Getting an unexpected reward card in the mail.
8. Sipping a hot cup of tea in solitude.
9. Helping someone out.
10. Having a planned healthy snack straight after work.
11. Smelling a fragrant herb (curry plant) at work.
12. Watching a young person work hard, succeed and smile.
Well that was tricky but very worthwhile!