Monday, May 06, 2013
Ok, it is confession time for me. Today I am up 1.7 pounds from what I weighed in on Wednesday. This is because of the following:
1. Friday I was actually 224.9 and I was very excited about it.
2. Saturday hit--went to the Mom's day with my daughter and we went out for lunch with another mom and daughter. I had half a Taco Salad and 1 small margarita on the rocks, along with chips and salsa. For dinner I had a grilled chicken breast on a large salad of romaine.
3. Sunday hits, I weigh in at 226.3--Not what I wanted to see but knew it was because of the sugar and salt of the margarita along with the salt and extra calories in the taco salad. I vow to do better today then my son invites me to go with him and my DH to a 3-D archery shoot. I think, great I will get a lot of walking done going around the lake with them while they shoot their targets. I will also take my camera with me and get some great shots. We decide to eat breakfast at the club and this is what I had--scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of real bacon and water. I get over 8,000 steps walking with them. We get home and then my husband decides to make apple brats. I know I should not eat this but don't want to sound ungrateful so the pleaser in me eats a brat along with potato chips. I do however also eat a salad of romaine and cucumbers, no bun. After I go out and do my weekend shopping and get more walking in my husband wants to go out for Cinco de Mayo. I tell him no, I do not need Mexican food and be tempted to have another margarita on top of what I have already eaten this weekend. Instead we go to the movies where I have pop corn, no extra butter and water. Total calories for the day: 1737 of bad food. Only 8 calories of healthy food. I did burn 2468 calories yesterday but I don't think that will take away the bad choice of food and that is why I am up.
What did I learn: STOP TRYING TO PLEASE OTHER PEOPLE!!!! I should know this already but I am just wired this way. I have always tried to please either my parents, my friends, my boss, my husband or my kids. I don't like to disappoint anyone. But who am I really disappointing, myself.
So what is my plan for today:
1. Go to Y and work out for 60 minutes--Done
2. Pack a healthy lunch and snacks--Done
3. Walk during my lunch hour--Beautiful day today, no reason not to walk.
4. Pack workout clothes and shoes in car--Done
5. Go on line and see if the Y has a class I can go to after work
6. Continue to eat healthy
7. Avoid temptation
8. Drink WATER, WATER, WATER
9. Close kitchen after 6
Everyone have a great day and get outside and enjoy the weather.