BLC18 Week 3 WUB
Sunday, May 05, 2013
Wow, what a weird week. Nothing went according to plan. It all began on Monday when I was overcome with incredible fatigue and soreness from working in the garden last Sunday. It set my whole week off with a negative tone.
Now, does that mean I won't work in my garden anymore or work that hard again? HECK no! It just means that I need to be prepared to be fatigued, sore, and inflamed. And I can do that. :)
This week, one of our challenges was to try something new, to go out and seek adventure. It wasn't as adventurous as I had hoped, but this week I met with someone new over tea. It was really quite lovely, and I think I may have made a friend out of the deal... and at least a colleague. :) Our lives are enriched by the people we have in them, and I deeply value my friends. Unfortunately, in my non-virtual life, I'm horrendously shy. The dear friends I have I have had since my pre-teens, or possibly younger. From my college years and beyond, I really only I have only two friends with whom I have become very close. It's just hard for me to meet people. So, meeting someone new - let alone inviting them out to tea - is quite an adventure for this shy, reclusive girl. And I'm so glad I did.
Other than feeling funky and sore and meeting someone new, how did my Week 3 go? Honestly, not that swimmingly. :( My weight is still high from water retention. I lost a little over 2 of the 6 lbs extra I'm carrying, but I am still holding on to these additional 4 lbs. If I don't lose them soon, I fear I'll start freaking out that they are true pounds. I just have to remember that the scale cannot differentiate between fat and water weight. :)
So, let's recap my Week 3 goals and see how I did (or, rather, didn't do):
1) Get all weekly challenge points for Week 3. -- Nope. I only posted 2 of the 3 food blogs, and I didn't do the crunches every day for our fitness challenge. I was too sore... and then too lazy.
2) SLEEP! At least 7 hours each night. For real, this time. -- DONE! I really did focus on getting good rest this week. It was so important to help me heal from my gardening endeavors.
3) Make a smoothie every day. -- UGH! After doing this every day in Week 2, I didn't do this every day in Week 3! I only did it three times. :(
4) Walk at least 7 miles this week. -- I fell shy of this. Only 5.64 miles this week. :(
5) Do SOMETHING in the garden (very open-ended) -- OMG, well, I did this!! LOL. More than something... heh.
6) Play kickball next Saturday! -- Not an option! We got rained out again!!!! :( :(
7) Go stair running at least once. -- Nope, failed here.
6) Climb at least 15 flights of stairs. -- Nooooooo.... only 4 flights. I was so naughty.
8) Go to the gym at least once. -- Also... NO! *Cries*
9) Get at least 250 mins of cardio this week. -- DONE! 295 minutes. That's something, at least.
10) Eat protein at every meal. Continue to calorie cycle. -- I tried. I hit the protein. Unfortunately, I fell short on my calories EVERY day of cycling. Time for Plan B. I'm going to be cutting carbs for 1-2 weeks to see if I can hack a low carb diet.
So, there you have it. Just a bad week. Time to forgive myself wholly, and move on. I can do this. Bad weeks come and go. Week 4 WILL be better. Maybe it won't be awesome... but I'm still here, still fighting, and still working hard.
Time to kick butt this week. :) Oh, and my goals are EXACTLY the same. Aiming for a better track record this time around. ;)