Always Room for Improvement - Tales from 100# Down
Sunday, May 05, 2013
I've learned so much on this journey. Some has been by trial and error. Some has been from Sparkpeople articles and blogs. Some has been wisdom shared by someone further along on the journey that has faced the obstacles that are directly in my path.
Some lessons have to be repeated. It's a lot like when I learned long division in grade school. It didn't happen overnight! Personally I would rather face 1500 calories a day and 60 minutes of cardio than a page full of long division problems but I digress. Ha!
Looking ahead to the next 12 week challenge round I'm pondering what I will do "differently" or "better". I am going to share my list with you in hope that it might help YOU identify areas on your own journey that might need some tweaking. If yours are different from mine - please share in the comments. We ALL learn so much from each other.
Here's my "Punch List" :
1) Continue to diminish restaurant meals in favor of healthy cooking at home.
2) Work on keeping sugar levels very low.
3) Do more walking outdoors as the weather now permits.
4) Organize the pantry/refrigerator and develop healthy menus/grocery lists
5) Continue to declutter all areas of my life.
6) Live "TODAY" instead of "when I lose the weight".
That's my list. Those are the areas that need the most tweaking. When I began this journey my list had basic issues like eating in range, getting cardio, tracking food, drinking water, etc. These are all my "norm" now. It just shows that we CAN make radical changes in our lifestyle... in fact for most of us that's exactly what is required.