Saturday, May 04, 2013
The walk started out in the sprinkling rain but soon dried out. It was an interesting event. There was lots of murals around this small town. The first one commemorates the WWII Naval Training Station that was at Deland.
We passed the old Volusia County Courthouse.
We also passed the mansion home of John B. Stetson. It was built in 1880s. He lived at this home until his death in 1906. He was a benefactor for the local university started by a Mr. Deland, and the University was re-named for him.