The April Journey to a Healthier Lifestyle.
Saturday, May 04, 2013
This is my April post to my blog and i would like to share with everyone where I am in my journey.
I have been reading the Spark and I have been incorporating all of the goals and steps. I have done many things this month in pursuit of a healthier lifestyle. Here they are:
1. I have expanded my support group by two people.
2. I have taken up hiking as an activity.
3. I have started a prayer and stress journal to provide me with motivation and insight
4. I have increased my walking miles from 8 to 10 miles a week.
5. I was accepted to a seminary to pursue a degree in ministry
6. I am going to school full time.
7. I have completed three challenges in challenge central this month
8. I have taken up golf
9. I have gotten a new job
10. I have lost weight and increases this month
11. I have increased my fruit and vegetable servings from 3 to 5 a day
I have truly been blessed this month with these accomplishments. I have been able to do it by focusing on the things that are important in my life. I am truly listening to God and spending time with Him each day for direction and motivation.
I have wonderful Spark Friends who have encouraged me and given me so much postiive and supportive feedback. Thank you for all of my Spark Friends and people on my Spark Teams.
I have been hones with myself about me. I have truly in April learned to love who I am and I am not going to let the world change my view of me. I am setting boundaries in my life to spend private time with me and not ignore my needs to please others.
I have been trying not to focus on the things that I want to change but on the things that I actually can change. I so often fret and worry about things that honestly I have no control over. Doing this cost me a lot of sleep in the past and led to a lot of emotional eating.
I know that my journey begins again May and I am ready and eager to face the challenges ahead. I have set goals for the month of May and here they are:
1. Walk a total of 12 miles a week.
2 Consistently do weight training twice a week
3. Work on my school lessons 4 days a week.
4. Purchase weight equipment for my home as a reward for weigth loss for April
5. Plant my own organic garden
6. Maintain stress and prayer journal
7. Attend Bible study once a week
8. Go hiking or golfing once every two weeks.
9; Be a blessing to someone everyday through encouragement and compliments.
10. Track my food and eat more whole foods especially at breakfast.
I know I can do it.