Friday, May 03, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Did great here this month. Got my 1000 minutes of exercise in for the month. Had a goal to run a 5k in under 30:00. I trained hard and met my goal. Pretty excited about that! Still eating most of our meals at home and limiting my alcohol.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - I feel like I did better here this month. I have been following my 2 week housework plan pretty closely. Even though I am still really behind at the office, I feel like I am procrastinating less and working harder. I have a big project that will come to fruition at the end of May. Some other things will be neglected, that is just the way it is. Will continue to focus on working diligently, even when it seems like I'm making little progress.
3. More quality time with the girls - Did good here. Been doing cooking with mom night, grocery store trips, even hosted a couple of playdates. I need to do that more often.
4. Pay off debt - Not as good here as previous months. However, we are taking a couple of little trips this summer and have mostly paid for them.
5. Encourage others - Hmmm. I'm active here on sparkpeople encouraging others. I have had several folks ask if I've lost weight and I've encouraged them that they can do it too. I'm going to say that I've done pretty good in this area.
6. Patience - I did well here in April. I've been calling Mom more (she is the person that tests my patience the most). When I feel frustrated with a client, I take a breath and concentrate on being patient.
The things that I feel like I need to improve on most for May are paying off debt and working diligently at the office.