April Recap and May Goals
Thursday, May 02, 2013
April was an OK month. Not super great, but not horrible either. The first week of the month was spring break and both kids were sick. The second week of the month has been focused on a major project at work. It is a really good, high profile project but one that is huge with a very quick deadline. I ended up losing about 5 pounds (I say about because I am focused on my weekly weigh ins rather than a monthly figure).
In April I got in a minimum exercise, wore my pedometer, and drank my water EVERY DAY! Woo Hoo to me. I ate within calories all but four days.
Unfortunately those four days were horrendous. Also, 10 days were only the minimum amount of cardio. A full 1/3 of the days were only 10 minutes of exercise with the maximum of calories. Not a great way to lose weight steadily.
More April goals/stats
- Burn a total of 10,500 calories in cardio. April total 8113
- Get a total of 300,000 steps. April total 271,806
- Continue the SP 5k My Way Rookie Running program Completed through Week 4 (actually did week 4 two times)
I am still working to finalize my May goals. I need to change some things up in order to make better progress. I will continue to track my streaks and I know I have at least the goals below.
1. Complete SP 5k My Way Rookie Running program by the end of May
2. Do strength training 3 times per week
3. Do at least 310,000 steps during the month
4. Burn at least 15,500 calories in intentional cardio exercise
5. Take advantage of the spring – eat veggies, get outside time, etc.