May: Getting Back on Track!!!!
Thursday, May 02, 2013
Happy May! I am keeping up with my monthly goal blogs, taking look back at the previous month and looking ahead to the next month. I am also taking stock of how I am doing on my 2013 goals.
This year is flying by! This nice weather in MA and longer days has allowed me to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I have really enjoyed working out outdoors and I think it has improved my mood! I really love the spring and fall! I been keeing up with run/walk intervals since getting the okay last month to start running again after my leg injury (IT band) with the couch to 5K.
How has your month been? I feel like I am making progress. Binging has been at a minimum lately, which is amazing. Honestly, I am SOOOO happy about that. I was not seeing progress on the scale and with the emotional eating somewhat in check I started tracking food again (I was finding that it was leading to binges so I put it on hold a few months ago). So far I am doing well and not obsessing too much, hopefully that continues. The weight is starting to come off again, slowly, so hopefully the trend continues. I will keep you posted!
First off, the weight goals:
April 2013 Start Weight: 173.6
April End Goal Weight: 169
April End/May Start Weight: 172.6 (not quite a goal weight but down after going up, so I am happy!)
May End Goal Weight: 168
How did I do?
1. C25K: Did well with sticking with this. It has been hard, both physically and mentally but I think it is helping!
2. STICK TO AN EATING SCHEDULE AT WORK: I have been doing really well with this! I really think it helped my binge eating at night tremendously so I need to keep it up.
3. LIMIT SUGAR INTAKE: Did well with this.
1. Strength Train Twice a Week on top of Curves: I think need to add some more strength training. Curves I great as a base but I think I need more on top of that to build the strength.
2. STICK TO AN EATING SCHEDULE AT WORK: This has really helped with the binging so I would like to keep it on the forefront for 1 more month to hopefully keep the trend going.
3.Finish out the C25K and set a new running plan from there: I want to finish the program out strong this month and reevaluate at the end. I want to get back into running shape from before but avoid injury. Keep the momentum going!
2013 goal checkin:
I would also like to taking a monthly look at my 2013 goals so that I do not forget about them.
1. Goal weight by the end of the year of 145 (start 174): Its going down, but I have to step it up if I want to meet my goal!
2. Work out 5 Days a Week: Doing well with this. I am doing some form of exercise most days (usually at least 6 days!)
3. Learn to be a mindful eater: goal for this month but I think I am improving. I tracking food again but I am listening to my body better as of late, which has felt nice....I am kinda proud of myself.
4. Declutter my apartment: Making progress but still want to step this up a little
5. Read more: 1-The Help, 2- The Hunger Games, 3-Break No Bones, 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, 12-
6. Take a breath: Need to work on this one...
Well, thats all folks! Hope everyone has a great April! We can do this!