Prelude to an update
Thursday, May 02, 2013
He has a conference call at 3:30 this afternoon to see if he still has a job to go back to. At least we will have an answer, but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about it. Before anyone comments about the legalities of terminating someone on medical leave (depression), there was something legit he could have been fired for. Instead, his supervisor, HR person, union rep, pulled for the medical leave as a priority. The corporate office makes the final decision if he can come back.
Sent another reminder email to the middle kid about move out day. They close the campus 2 weeks from today. We have a small amount of leeway to move him out. It is supposed to be the last day of the last final, but if there is, as an example, a 3:30 PM final on Monday as the last one, they will give you move out the following morning. Everyone has to be off campus Wednesday night though.
I go for another PT appointment this afternoon. I'll be asking that he push me more among other things. I also need to know how delusional he thinks I am to be planning on doing the 5K in a 38 minute range. The 5K is June 9th.
I probably won't have a real update until tomorrow. I'll either be processing a plan of attack to get the oldest gainfully employed again, or just be trying to catch my breath again if he gets the all clear.