Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Wow, 4 months of 2013 down already? A quick recap of April and 2013 goals and results.
1) weight: No change over the month, up 2 lbs since 1 Jan. Started at 183 lbs, ended at 183 lbs. Would like to see some improvement here in May, would like to get so I am consistently under 180.
2) exercise: 102.4 running miles, 0 swimming this month. 412.3 running miles and 35 swimming miles for the year so far. On track to crush my year goal. Plus had some good hikes, bikes and rollerblading with the kids.
3) food: I have not been as good at tracking, avoiding snacking, and saying no to "free" food around the office. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.
4) racing: No races this month. I want to run a 10k at the end of May. DW isn't that supportive though. She would be more so if the race organizers let me run with the baby jogger (but this race they said no).
5) impending move: We are a month away from moving and got a lot done in April. We still need to reduce some clutter and excess, but we have made a lot of progress.
6) graduation: I finished the dissertation defense and submitted the final dissertation in April. I have picked up my robe, hood, and funny hat for graduation coming up on 10 May. When I arrived here 3 years ago, it seemed so daunting, it is hard to believe that they are letting me graduate next week!
7) writing: I am supposed to be finishing up writing on on or two more journal articles before I move. I feel like I have been on a 2 week vacation since turning in my dissertation though. I needed the mental break, but now I need to just get it done. If I wait until after the move, it will be much harder to do.
8) family: I need to take a few mornings/afternoons/days off for family time before we go. My schedule is very flexible right now, but it will be much less so once we move.
Happy May everyone!