So, it had been a MONTH since my last zumba class... But I had to go tonight because my wonderful zumba instructor is moving to Alaska!!! Her classes really blessed me, so I had to go.
It is not clear if it will be for a little while or indefinite... but it was like she was saying good-bye. It was kind of sad. As you can imagine, there were a bunch of us 'regulars' who formed friendships, and although there are instructors taking over each of her classes, we know it won't be the same!
So - - What is it I love about zumba? In honor of my zumba instructor and just for fun...here is my Top Ten:
10) No matter what, you always get a good workout!
9) Thinking about the moves for your feet, arms, legs, etc makes that hour fly by!
8) You drink a lot of water during class
7) It's fun to laugh with your friends when you are learning a new song and everyone feels a little bit silly going the wrong way and stuff
6) It' s a great way to end a stressful day
5) It's an equally great way to start off a day
4) Anyone can zumba - young or old, male or female, in shape or just starting exercise for the first time
3) You don't need special clothes and can use any athletic shoes (although it's best to have the ones designed for zumba or dance)
2) There are lots of fun zumba clothes and shoes once you do decide you are totally into zumba
1) It is just plain FUN!!
If you haven't already tried it, and want to find a new way to get an easy hour of cardio, go try a zumba class today!!