So I'm feeling like I need to put this down on paper for next month. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction for making progress, but I know how easy it can be for me to slip up and fall off the wagon. So here's what I feel I need to do to be successful in May.
1) Drink 2.5 L of water, or 10 glasses. I've been able to do this most days, but I need to remember this!
2) Try to work out at least 5 days a week/ 30 minutes per day. I lost my motivation for a little while, but I'm feeling much better about this right now. I may even be able to give my arch nemesis (the ski machine) a run for its money this month! bwahaha!
3) Eat healthy. Live the 80/20 rule. I don't do too bad most days, but my stress level is pretty high right now (life!) so I just need to remember I can't give in ALL the time!
4) Try to keep a positive attitude. I've been having a really hard time with this one.
Here's a few that I REALLY wanna get done this month!
5) Try a workout class at the gym. I've NEVER done one, and there's one Sunday morning for beginners. I'm determined to make it one time this month. There's also a BELLY DANCING class on Thursday night!! Woot!!
6) Take a walk around the hospital in the afternoons at least twice a week. It's getting nice outside, and I'm getting cabin fever.
7) Get some sunbathing in. When I was a kid, I used to lay out on the grass and sunbathe every weekend. Now I'm super pale (years of working graveyards). I miss doing this, and yes, Mom, I'll wear sunscreen! lol
8) Buy myself a new swimsuit. I've had hand-me-down suits from my mother since I became a mom. I want a suit that doesn't scream "I'M A MOM!" everytime I move. I can't honestly remember when the last time was that I bought myself a suit. I have a good idea about what I want, too.
I'm still working towards the 5 pounds a month idea. Unfortunately, I am VERY far behind. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. This is a process and a life change, and no, I'm not perfect. I'll just keep plugging away till I get to where I want to be.