Monday, April 29, 2013
Today I am 14 weeks pregnant with my first child. It has been such a learning experience for me. I read a lot and I listen to a lot of people. I am naturally curious, so I think I am knowledgeable about a lot of stuff. But I am beginning to question my knowledge now, because since pregnancy I realize that there are so many thinks I did not know and I wished someone had told me.
1. Morning sickness can last all day. What I had in my head was me rushing to the bathroom in the morning, throwing up and then going about my merry ways. Not so! I felt sick the whole day. I wasn't vomiting but I just felt sick. I cried a couple of times because I thought I was dying or something. I felt sick constantly for about 5 weeks and one day I woke up and just didn't feel as sick anymore.
2. Pregnancy gas is not normal. Once I felt something running across my belly, When I touched my navel, it was tender. I thought that something was extremely wrong with. I never thought someone could feel so much pain and not be dying. I then ate something and the pain went away. Apparently it was just gas. I have never felt gas pain like that. Not to mention the smell when you do let that gas out. I couldn't stand my own farts. I would go to be praying that I don't fart because it is difficult to stay under the sheets when I do.
3. Violent mood swings. I am a naturally moody person, I know mood swings, but not like these. I swore I was depressed. I would sit down doing something with my BF and I'd say to him "I am going to cry now" and I just burst out crying. Sometimes the world just seems like a sad place that I cannot handle and the next minute I feel like superwoman, I can manage anything.
4. Round ligament pains. This one is recent. I have been having these slight pains at the bottom of my belly. I started wondering if my poor baby was in distress. I told my mother about it and she says it's probably nothing, but I was wondering where did this pain come from? Anyways I went on "What to expect" and everyone in the October baby group was experiencing this pain. So how comes I never knew about it?
5. You are your favourite comedian. Ok, this one may not be happening to a lot of pregnant women, but I find it happening to me. I find myself having funny conversations with myself. I will be in a bad mood and I am talking to myself about it and suddenly I say something funny to myself and It just cracks me up, You would swear I was talking to someone else.
Now I am wondering what other joys of pregnancy are out there that no one is telling me about.