2,500-3,999 SparkPoints 3,785

Rain, rain go away . . .

Monday, April 29, 2013

I know we're not having as much rain here in North Georgia like a lot of places, but we've been getting a lot. The good news is we're no longer in a drought, the bad news is now we have flooding and our grass is growing too fast (plus it cuts down on the outdoor exercise!).

Friday was a nice day, so after dropping DD#1 off at work, I started cutting grass. It had been less than a week for the front, but it was already long. I was mowing (riding lawn mower) for about an hour and saw DD#3 waving at me from the front porch. She wanted to know what was for dinner?! Granted she's only 12, but she was laying around on the couch and I was cutting grass - really!!? Anyway, we had some leftover pizza dough, so she made a calzone for herself (and for DH when he got home later from work). I cut grass for another 1/2 hour and was hungry myself, so I made a salad with some left over grilled chicken. I like doing something right after work because I eat dinner later and that seems to cut down on the snacking!

Since DD#2 was in Florida, I didn't have to go to basketball, so I told my niece I would babysit again for great-nephew (believe me, it's a pleasure) on Saturday. I had to get up early to drop DD#3 off for her Girl Scout ziplining adventure (because of the rain, the decided to not camp, but she was gone from 7 am to 10:30 pm). I got an early start on housework and niece and hubby were running late (which allowed me to finish all my house work), so I met them halfway (they live about 40 mins. away) and took Baby No-No (that what we call him!) home.

It had been cloudy and yucky all morning and it was finally sunny. DH, DD#1, baby and I went to the park. We walked about 45 mins. and the baby slept the whole time. DD#1 watched him while I cut more grass (push mower this time) for about an hour, so that was more exercise! Baby No-No was fussy, so I put him back in the carrier/stroller and walked him up and down our road and around the yard. He fell immediately asleep and I got a little more exercise! My sister (grandma) was coming after work to pick him up for a sleepover, so she picked up Chick-filet for us (salad again for me).

It started raining Saturday night, rained all day yesterday and is still raining. It's now just a drizzle and is supposed to clear up mid-morning. I did absolutely nothing yesterday. DH did the "running around" yesterday. He had to take DD#1 to work (she got called in and was ready to go since she was "grounded" over the weekend), pick up DD#2 from friend's house (they got home late from Florida) and then pick DD#1 up from work. I lazed around on the couch!

It's supposed to be a real nice week, so I hope to run 2-3 times this week. I ended up not adding a fruit in over the weekend - today is 2 weeks on the low carb. I peeked at the scale this morning and it looks like I've stayed the same (although I had a 1 lb. loss on Saturday - fickle scale). The "official" weigh in is Wednesday.

1 more pound and I'm "Back to Maintenance" and 3 more lbs. to get back to my "wiggle room" weight!

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Yea you!
    1730 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by COACHMOMMY