I weighed myself yesterday...
Thursday, April 25, 2013
I gained 1.4lbs!
1.4lbs seems to be my number. I lose and regain it a LOT! (LOL!)
I overindulged PLENTY the weekend before so I should not be surprised at the gain.
I had hoped this week's "interval sparking" would have washed away the bad food choices I had made, but alas it did not--or maybe it did, who knows? Perhaps without "interval sparking" I would have gained 3lbs!
Either way--it doesn't really matter.
I've finally reached a point with Sparkpeople where I KNOW I WILL lose those 1.4lbs + in due time.
I've finally reached a point with Sparkpeople where I RECOGNIZE and APPRECIATE all the non-scale victories I have on this healthy living journey.
1. My diet is cleaner/healtheir than it has ever been. I eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds than ever before, and feel GREAT when I do.
2. My clothes are slowly getting too big for me.
3. I have more energy/stamina than I used to--even with just walking and zumba.
4. I love tracking my food because it helps me learn how to gauge calories, portion size and nutritional content--things I was not good at before.
5. I now embrace movement--and don't bemoan having to go up and down the stairs upteen times for little things. I now look at climbing those stairs as an opportunity to burn some calories.
6. I no longer drink soda or fruit juice-it is pure water my body craves (and coffee!)
7. I haven't had fast food in almost a year.
8. I have greatly limited the highly processed and packaged food I buy. Whenever possible, I opt for fresh.
9. I cook more and eat out less!
Is there a non-scale victory that resonates especially for you? If so what is it?
WOO HOO FOR YOU! Keep SPARKING!