Neck and Silliness
Thursday, April 25, 2013
I made a massage appointment today... I have been putting it off but- at the risk of sounding like my mother- I just can't take the pain anymore.
The thing is I have some neck issues. I've had them since I was about 20. I get this horrible golf-ball sized knot on the left side of my neck and knots along the pressure points on the base of my skull as well.
When I was in college, I saw a massage therapist and that helped a LOT. But then when I moved here, I just sort of got out of the habit... and sort of learned to live with the pain.
But it's been getting worse and worse. And today I realized- not only do I have a nasty knot on the left side- now I have one on the right as well. I have never had a knot on the right side. It's always been the left.
I am not cheap and have no issue buying things I need (and want within reason). But in the case of massage therapy I have been stubborn. The reason is- I feel that I am too young for these kinds of problems. I am only 26. I should not be in any pain. I should not have to pay money for pain relief. I should not have to take time out of my young life to deal with pain. As someone who despises ageism more than anyone I've ever met, it's surprising I feel this way, but I do. So that's why I've been putting it off- because I think I shouldn't have to go in the first place. But there's no sense in denying it. I am in pain, and it sucks, and I need help.
OK, that was kind of a grumpy blog so I'm going to make it more cheerful by confessing some random silly things about myself.
1. I have a paralyzing fear of all insects, including butterflies.
2. I never eat the end of a pickle.
3. I am severely skeeved out by assmosis. Assmosis is what happens when you sit in a chair and it's still warm from the previous sitter.
4. I can only sleep on my stomach. This might contribute significantly to my neck problems.
5. I absolutely despise weddings and anything wedding-related. My friends call me The Wedding Grinch.
6. I am terrified of fire and do not permit candles in my home. Do not buy me a scented candle for a gift. It will be re-gifted or chucked.
7. I set a timer on my phone and always brush my teeth for exactly 2 minutes.
8. My favorite mascara is Rimmel Sexy Curves in the purple tube. Try it. You'll never use another.
9. I really love cold leftovers. I rarely re-heat food. I think it stems from me being both lazy and perpetually starving.
10. Speaking of always hungry, my mother tells people I was born hungry. I emerged from the womb with my entire right fist in my mouth. I know this is a true story because there is photographic evidence.
Have a good night everyone :)