I have been trying to get into running, and let me just say it is gong slowly.
I guess that's good in a way, for injury prevention. But I can come up with some good excuses as to why I don't push myself more to progress with my running.
10. The shoes I bought are supposed to be for running, but I don't think I go any faster with them - they must have been mistaken at the store.
9. In my neighborhood, people just don't run the streets, and I have no sidewalks, might get hit by a car.
8. There is no gym nearby that has a track, except the little community center that has one in the upper level that takes twenty five laps to get a mile and is always full of kids waiting for mommies to get out of crafts classes.
7. I went to the high school track to do a timed run and I was told I wasn't a student and had to leave! (How did they know that???)
6. It's dark before work, I might not be able to see a pebble and twist my ankle so I can't ever run again. It's best to stay safe and in one piece.
5. After work I have to walk the dog, and she is too slow!
4. I have been walking on my treadmill, but when I run on it, it sounds like I am going to bust right through the floor.
3. Everytime I get moving, I get a call from the Pentagon with a crisis and I need to stop and solve the world's problems.
2. If I run after work, it pushes my dinner time too late, and if I eat dinner first, well, I just can run on a stomach that has food in it, duh!
And the number one reason I use to slow down or not even run at all is the ever loving bounce factor!!! I bounce in my abdomin, my midriff, and of course the girls, they go their own way and according to photos I have seen they are not even on the same plane with themselves, much less with the rest of me. And when I do slow down to a crawl, the bounce continues for what seems like three or four minutes. It's rather uncomfortable!
Now in order to squash some of these excuses, I have obtained a high impact sports bra which is anything but attractive! But, because Spark Guy wants me to stop all the excuses, I am going to try it out today, and see if those shoes go any faster, and leave my phone in the car, and leave the dog at home and go to a public place that anyone can walk or run or skate without running into anyone or get chased off!!!
Wish me luck!