Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hi there! It seems like forever since I've posted. Things are crazy at home and at work, but with the exception of the elusive exercise, I'm still pretty much on track.
That said, I am starting to feel a greater sense of urgency with my weight loss now. I know with pregnancy they say "it takes 9 months to put on, it'll take the same to come off." Well, my daughter is 8 months old now and I still have about 15 pounds to go till I hit my pre-pregnancy weight. And even then, I still have a good 20 more to go till I hit my "happy weight".
I am still losing, (forgot to enter my weigh-in last week but I think I'm down 2 more pounds) but at a snail's pace. I know this is because I haven't committed 100% to making ALL the healthy changes I know I should. I've definitely made small changes, but I still eat way too much sugar/carbs, sometimes I still eat before I am truly hungry, and we all know how lazy my attitude with exercise has been. :/
I know being on a "diet" isn't going to help me long term...but I think it might be time to stop being afraid and really begin to implement some of the bigger changes. Cut the calories a bit more, hold the snacking. Get. Up. Earlier (and exercise, darn it!).
Some strategies I can employ to help me on my way:
1. Drink tea between meals to stave off hunger.
2. More veggies in place of fruit (to help with the sugar)
3. Desert one night a week only (should help even more with the sugar!)
4. Make sure there's a Plan B in effect for when the hubby and son are having something not so healthy
5. Continue setting the alarm 15 minutes earlier every day.
6. Cut my calorie bank by 200. And hold myself to it! :)
I know it's pretty simple stuff and some of it I'm already doing. I just need to be more diligent. Anyone else have any solid tips for me?