Did They Mean to Say That
Monday, April 22, 2013
- On a New York loft building: "Wanted: Woman to sew buttons on the fourth floor."
- In a New Hampshire medical building: "Martin Diabetes Professional Ass."
- In the office of a loan company: "Ask about our plans for owning your home."
- In a New York medical building: "Mental health prevention center."
- In a toy department: "Five Santa Clauses -- no waiting."
- On a New York convalescent home: "For the sick and tired of the Episcopal Church."
- On a Maine shop: "Our motto is to give our customers the lowest possible prices and workmanship.
- At a number of military bases: "Restraicted to unauthorized personnel."
- In a number of parking areas: "Violators will be enforced and Trespassers will be violated."
- On a display of "I Love You Only" Valentine cards: "Now available in multi-packs."
- In the window of a Kentucky appliance store: "Don't kill your wife. Let our washing machines do the dirty work."
- In a funeral parlor: "Ask about our layaway plan.
- On a window of a New Hampshire hamburger restaurant: "Yes, we are open. Sorry for the inconvenience."