Sunday, April 21, 2013
For the past 4 months, I have been focused on running the 5k, the one i finished yesterday. Now it is time for a new challenge.
My 40th birthday is 85 days away (12 weeks from tomorrow). I talked last week about my desire to embrace the number 40 and make it something positive, something to celebrate. So, in the next 85 days, I will:
1) Take 40 classes of bikram yoga. Bikram has a lot of mixed press. I don't even know that I would recommend it to anyone because it is an intense and dangerous thing. But I have found that I love it and look forward to going (imagine, enjoying exercise!) I wanted to do a 30 day challenge (Every day for 30 days) but it would be too hard on my family while the kids are in school. Instead I am going to do 40 days out of 85 days. Since i will be out of town about 10 days of the 85, it means I will have to go 4 times a week during the weeks I am in town.
2) Run 40 miles. This one should be very do-able over 12 weeks, in fact I may even double it. I will have to work hard to make running a priority while doing a lot of yoga. I want to maintain the 3 mile distance so running 3 miles, twice a week should do it, then I will run even more while on travel.
3) Have at least 40 "clean" food days, meaning stay within calories and no junk food.
4) Write 40 letters. I wanted to do something to reconnect with old friends and tell people in my life how much they mean to me. I have already been generating a list of people I want to write. It might be a stretch to come up with 40 people, but I think I can do it.
5) Document everything on this SP blog! I will stop in every day, give the number of days left until my birthday and the number of yoga, miles, clean days, and letters i have completed.
The challenge starts today! I go to my first yoga class at 3. :)