Saturday, April 20, 2013
Oh boy! Thereís an attention getting article! (not on SP)
Iím already in goal range and at my age Iím not going bikini shopping, but just what would I have to do to achieve this?
The 2 cardio sessions described were intensive, but doable, basically interval training.
I can do that Ė check!
Now the strength training Ė 3 times a week.
I believe in that and Iím up for a challenge.
ďUse 8 Ė 10 lb dumbbells in each handĒ
Well, Iíll start with lighter ones until I get the moves down. I know that form is important.
1) Conch shell Ė squat, twist upper body, weights from outside of knee to overhead and back. Then the other side. 3 sets of 12. Uh oh Ė I can only do 24 but itís something to work up to.
2) Leg lifts with upper torso off the floor supported by one arm. No weights here.
3 sets of 12 on EACH side. 72 of anything will take awhile. Iím nowhere near that many.
3) Split and reach Ė Now Iím balancing on my butt with legs split in the air in a V while doing crunches holding a dumbbell. 36 of these? Not today, but letís see what else there is.
4) Letís make a ďUĒ Ė Iím lying on my stomach lifting chest and legs at the same time. Elbows are on the floor and legs are curling toward my butt. I donít know if 36 of these will ever be in my future. Maybe Iím not ďalphabet readyĒ yet?
5) Now Iím making a ďTĒ by standing on one leg with the other leg straight out behind me ďmaking a straight line from heel to head.Ē I donít have a mirror, but I think my ďTĒ is tipsy. Oh yeah, Iím supposed to be holding my dumbbells straight out to either side and bring knee to chest and back out again. How many times? Of course, itís 36. Only 32 to go.
6) OMG! Another ďTĒ but this time my head is on the floor and the leg in the air is supposed to kick up and out at a 45 degree angle. Even one of these doesnít feel safe.
Oh well, I donít discourage easily, but realistically being able to complete this program means Iíll have to aim for bikini season 2014.
If thereís anyone out there who could jump into this program as written, wouldnít they have a ďbikini bodyĒ already?
If anyone is interested in trying this, I found it in the April issue of Self magazine. Maybe we can follow YOUR progress?