179.6lbs! That means I'm down a total of 5 lbs since I started March 1. I'll take that. It's not where I was hoping to be by this time, but it's where I am because I slacked big time at the beginning of April. This is what happens when you eat poorly and don't do any fitness...
My hubby found a pedometer in the green space near our house the other day and knowing I wanted one, he brought it home. I knew that I was pretty lazy and don't have very many healthy habits built up, but I didn't realize how little I moved. I only got 5509 steps in yesterday and if you look at my fitness log, I actually did quite a bit!
Today, I'm going to aim for 6500 steps... Everyday, I will try to beat the day before until I get a minimum of 10,000 steps. That's the goal there.
~*~ My Current Challenges~*~
SPRING BOOTCAMP- I joined this a couple days ago and have done the first 2 videos (in order). The Kickboxing
Cardio is awesome! I totally love it and might just do it daily. Need to get a little more coordinated with the jab, cross, hook, knee combo, but I pretty much can keep up with the rest.
The Crunchless Abs
one was totally killer! I have no abs or any other core muscles! I can't really do that stuff, but if I continue to try, I will get better and stronger. I'm just lucky that I have 2 buddies
to help keep me focused and accountable. My goal in this challenge is simply to finish it! I ALWAYS flunk out within a week or so.
In order to keep on this challenge and finish it, I am going to work up a table with the videos that I need to do on which day and post it on my fridge where I will see it EVERYDAY! That way, I won't forget to do it! It's that simple. Basically, 'out of sight, out of mind' really does apply here and I can't let that take over my health.
BETTER SLEEP- I joined this because nearly everyday, I feel tired. Some days are worse than others. It could just be because I have 4 kids and 1 in particular is extremely challenging and that causes me a great deal of stress. It could be that I snore a lot and quite loudly (according to my hubby) and so I'm not getting into the deep sleep I need. Whatever the cause, I wanted to investigate some. The following are my notes about last nights sleep. (Sleep Diary questions)
I woke at 6am
2. I've been headed off to bed by 9:30pm
3. I don't really have a bedtime routine. I've told my husband that I WILL go to bed at 9:30 EVERY night because I'm always so physically and mentally exhausted. It's what I need.
4. The last thing I ate was dinner as tracked at 5:15pm.
5. I did some cardio and the crunchless ab video and a few jumping jacks around 1pm.
6. I did not consume any alcohol.
7. I drank 2-3 folgers coffees with milk by 10am.
8. I take my anti-depressants and vit D with breakfast.
9. I napped briefly at 2:50pm... about 20 minutes. (kids got home from school)
10.Daughter is extremely difficult and was quite stressful. I expect the same for today.
11.I experienced normal hunger through the day. Then emotional hunger kicked in at about 8pm but I didn't consume anything.
12.I was feeling pretty awake yesterday, just exhausted from the fitness but it was dealt with during my nap. Felt great after that!
13. I was pretty annoyed by my daughter, but the rest of the day was ok. I tried to not let her attitude affect mine too much.
1. It only took about 15 minutes for me to fall asleep.
2. I woke twice. Once at 1am because of that difficult daughter woke me and again at 4:40am. Both times I was only up for 5-10 minutes.
3. I slept approximately 7.5 hours total.
RISE AND SHINE- I joined this challenge at the start of April to try to be up with my alarm without hitting snooze to exercise and/or eat a great breakfast. I have been unable get up with the alarm; I hit snooze like 3 times. I don't have the energy to workout first thing. It's a habit I would like to develop but I'm not ready yet. I know that. But I do eat a good breakfast everyday. I can't do ANYTHING without having breakfast! That's good right!?
One more thing to end this blog on a positive note. I am seeing some progress with my dog's leash training. Bongo is even now sitting and waiting for the ok to go out back instead of bolting out the door! YAY!
Anywho... Thanks for reading! Hope I didn't bore you!!!