Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Last Wednesday ended our 12 week BLC challenge but my team is supporting each other during the 8 weeks before the next challenge happens. However, I stumbled this week as follows:
1. I chose to eat at the higher end of my range and did not make healthy choices. Specifically I had a Taco Bell Salad in the Bowl which after I ate the whole thing, amounted to 720 calories and it didn't even taste as good as I remember.
2. I did not close the kitchen at 6:00 pm.
3. I chose not get my 60 minutes of cardio in on Sunday. I only took the dog for a 30 minutes walk.
4. On Monday when I stepped on the scale, I was up 3 pounds.
What did I do??? I immediately got dressed and went to the Y and did 60 minutes of cardio. I ate a healthy low calorie breakfast and packed healthy lunch and snacks for work. At lunch time I took 30 minutes to walk around the campus. When I got home I cooked the chicken I had marinating and made plans for meals for the rest of this week.
When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was only up .9.
What did I learn?????
1. Stick with the plan you have. You may have to make adjustments but a break period is not the time to throw away all the hard work I did the past 12 weeks.
2. If you stumble, you can get right back up and get on track.
3. If I want to reach my goal, this is a life time commitment to exercise and eating right. Once I reach my goal, I will still need to track my food and get my exercise in.
Have a great day today.