Wednesday, April 17, 2013
I love my exercise, but right now I have a real hard time to stick to any schedule:
1. I am overstressed at work, so I am so tired, i don't work out as much as I would in the mornings. BUt at the same time I don't manage to get out of bed in good time to exercise in the morning
2. I am suffering from RA, currently I am in a flare-up which has several side effects:
- I am very fatiegued
- I can't run the way I would want to and do not have enough time for walks long enough to burn the same amount of calories
3. It is rainy season in Kenya and this year the rains are HEAVY. Anyone who has been in Africa during the rains knows what I am talking about:
- torrential rains
- burst sewers, or overflowing sewers
- traffic chaos - the usual eratic driving becomes worse when it rains
- no side walks (well we don't have them in most areas, and now with the rains often the trampled footpaths in the sides of the roads are impassable, so you are on the road with the cars, water puddles and floods from overflown drains, sewers etc.
and in addition to that in my neighbourhood they have been replacing the main water pipes for the last few months, so there are ditches, heaps of dirt & chaos everywhere, which with the rain spreads even more on the roads.
Right now I am havign a real tought time even getting in my usual lunch time walks, since I have been workign through most of my lunch breaks or it has been pouring during lunch break.
I really would need the exercise right now to be able to destress, but it is DIFFICULT