Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Do you have bad influences around you that get in the way of your progress? If you say yes, then youíre not alone. Itís a common problem for people on a regime to eat healthier and get more exercise to find people in their lives discouraging them. In some cases, all you have to do is dissociate with them. This is especially important if youíre someone who finds it difficult to stay motivated. Sever ties with them. But thatís not an option when you and them live in the same house.
1. Find ways to motivate and inspire yourself. If your family member or house mate isnít supportive, then youíll have to support yourself.
2. Next, find people who can offer that support. Exercise classes at the gym or a community center is a great place to meet like-minded people who serve as a source of inspiration for one another.
3. If youíre someone who has trouble staying on your plan, find a support group where others with the same problem get together and share tips and strategies.
4. Keep separate grocery lists. If they want to eat unhealthy, thereís nothing you can do to stop them. But that doesn't mean you have to eat it. Let them eat their Fritos and donuts. You know what you should be eating.
5. After dinner, when that other person lays on the couch and calls you over to relax with them, go for your walk or hop on the treadmill before you do. Plan for it, and prepare yourself so you wonít be tempted. Just because itís your spouse or your sibling or parent or whatever, that doesn't mean you have to do exactly what they are doing.
I know itís easy to fall off the wagon. Believe me Iíve fallen a few times. But donít stay off too long before you get back on. The longer you stay off that wagon, the more difficult it will be for you. Stay with it and always have a plan A and a plan B and a plan CÖ.because there will always be someone or some thing to try and derail your plans. Stick with it, by any means necessary. Like Larry the Cable Guy says, Git er done!