Tuesday, April 16, 2013
This was part of a correspondence with a friend on SparkPeople, but I thought it would make a good blog entry.
I'm trying to be gentle with an over 100 lb planned weight loss.. celebrating each pound and rewarding 5 pound increments. I want to be healthier, have a better appearance, and a longer life than I would otherwise have. I want to be able to easily ride rides at the fair and to not worry whether the middle seat seatbelt will reach far enough for me if I wear my fluffy coat.
I am stalled right now, but that isn't really surprising since I was all motivated for march and then promptly rolled off the wagon at around the 1st of April with tracking and other things. Need to get back on the ball, regardless of whether I earn my April consistency trophy or not.
I've divided my goals up into four areas (SuperGoals ... lol) and set goals in each one.. I am repurposing the tracking calendar I bought from the SparkStore to reflect effort spent in each area. If I do everything I can in a day, it gets highlighted, if not, it doesn't. All four areas earn me an almond in my attitude mug (1 almond=$1) no areas highlighted loses me an almond and puts it in the negative mug (to be redeemed or counted against the remaining almonds in the attitude mug at the end of the 35 day period)
It turns out I'm doing this on the first day of the next page of the tracking calendar exactly, so I got to start where it stopped and write my goals in the slots without all my previous writing.
I'm also trying to kick my butt and convince myself that better late than never in regards to the #riseandshine challenge. Even if the challenge is over before I'm consistent, I still want to do eat and do a routine in the morning, and then shower and get ready for the day.
Fitness and Weight Loss
1. Rejoin the #riseandshine challenge. I choose both options, meaning I will eat my breakfast and exercise first thing when I get up. Also, I will get up before 8am... not 4pm, even on days that I have nothing going on outside of the house (also known to be called by me "unstructured days")
2. I will increase my Cardio to 30 min/day, 5 days per week, to be done in the morning after I get up.
3. I will eat less than 1550 calories a day. (Generous I know it is, but I've been going over)
4. Eat a min of 2fruits/vegs per day (Fast break goal)
5. Drink 8c of water/day (Fast break goal)
6. Keep up with SparkTeams: Butterfly People, Positive Bloggers, and Accountability Partnership to the Finish Line (and sparkcoach of course)
7. Keep up with Accountability Partners and report DAILY (it seems like if I skip one, or mean to post in the morning, I miss three, which is not good)
1. (told you it was embarrassing :( ) I will Shower, Shampoo, Scrub, Shave, Deodorize and Perfume myself EVERY DAY
2. I with get 1 haircut a minimum of once every two months.
3. I will use a facial cleanser twice a day
4. (embarrassing again) I will brush teeth, floss, and rinse a minimum of twice a day.
5. I will use skin softeners and lotions when needed
6. I will USE whatever makeup and cleansers I buy through Avon (currently shower gel, deodorant, perfume, facial cleanser, lip gloss, nail polish, and mascara-- I don't have a full makeup set yet, I 'm still working on it, because when I decided that I would do this my makeup was all 8 years old, so I threw it out, so I would have to buy fresh [my friend is selling Avon, so it seems like a win/win]) on a DAILY basis. Currently I'm only really good at using the nail polish, and that probably because it doesn't have to be done every day to look good. (At least I've quit biting my nails since i started painting them).
7. Once I am actively and consistently taking care of my teeth again, 2 to 4 weeks from now, I will use the teeth whitening system I purchased and see if it helps my teeth's color any.
Book Reading and Vocabulary/Knowledge Building
1. I will read a min of 15min to 30min a night before bed
2. I will keep a vocabulary notebook of new and interesting words/terms
3. I will limit my TV to a total of 7hrs per week. (One hour per day but allowing myself to bank them to use more on some days)
4. Use the books I've bought with crayons to mark don't know and want to come back to
Bible and Relationship
1. I will read in the bible, a min (cringe) of 1 ch per day
2. I will pick a book for devotions and read in it a minimum of 15 min a day.
3. Stop to consciously pray directly at least once per day