1. This past week I've gotten up earlier in the morning (relatively speaking) and had productive writing hours. Yay, me! Is it as much forward diss-progress as I'd like? Not exactly, but it's something.
2. Ms. S. and I are working our way through the pantry/cupboards ... we've catalogued it before, laid items out before and done a week of "X", whatever "X" was. But we're more intently and intensely doing so now. Along the way I returned to Cream of Wheat and finished off the Bob's Red Mill 7-grain cereal I had ... yum. And the ground hempseed in the fridge ... so good with Greek Yogurt and a little sweetener. Likewise ground flaxseed; I had several ounces of not-yet-ground flaxseed, but I toss a tablespoon in one of the coffee grinders and *BAM* (no, I'm not Emeril) ... delicious addition to whatever cereal-like-thing I had available.
3. And along the same lines we're working through the fridge and freezer (rather than just always buying more and more and more stuff). Ah, there was a little rock cornish game hen up there! And now It's in my stomach. I thawed it a couple days ago, but then we decided to have pizza Sunday evening, so that delayed it. Then we were going to have some baked or fried tofu together tonight, but Ms. S. had different dinner plans, giving me time to make something just for myself, and the bird it was ... spatchcocked; a little lemon zest, oil, parlsley, sea salt and pepper rub under the skin; one potato, cubed; and an onion all in a cast iron skillet at 375F until mostly cooked, then put under the broiler, turning the bird once or twice until it's crispy and brown ... yum.
4. At the end of the night I had a bird carcase in my skillet -- not a euphemism -- and I thought the girls -- the two cats -- might like a few bits and pieces, so using the metal tongs I offered a piece first to one, then the other. Then another piece for each placed on the kitchen floor. I put the bird in a plasstic bag within another plastic bag, but I thought, perhaps the girls deserve more of a treat ... so I put the bag on the kitchen floor. E approaches, sniffs, and thinks of partaking; A rushes in and as quickly as I've seen her squat body move she grabs the whole bird in her mouth and is halfway across the apartment with it before I can blink. Then she drops it, I chuckle, and I go grab it with the tongs off the dining room floor, put it back in the bag, tie up the bag, and Febreeze the heck out of the larger garbage bag it's all in so as to suggest to the girls they should go elsewhere. This is not the garbage can you're looking for, I Obi-Wan in their direction.
5. I've done a bad, bad thing ... I've awakened an addiction to the original Super Mario Bros. for NES within Ms. S. I've created a monster! Went wanted to do something other than just watch TV or a movie with our free time tonight, so I set up some games, though I had some *issues* with the controllers; we could only do single-player. She tried Double Dragon 2 and was pretty good, but with SMB ... obsession.
I think Tuesday afternoon and evening might be dedicated to besting those levels ...
6. Yes, of course my taxes were done on time. Thank you for asking.
7. We're up to season 6 of 'The X-Files' and season 3 of 'Millennium' ... in the middle of a two-parter with the former now, and watched the marvelous "Triangle" Sunday evening. 'Mad Men' is back, too ... ah, so much entertainment!
8. In the wake of Roger Ebert's death we're working our way, in order, through 'Roger Ebert's Top Films of His Career' ( www.buzzfeed.com/ellievh
); yesterday was "Five Easy Pieces" and tomorrow is "The Last Picture Show" ... we've each seen some of these before. "Last Picture Show" is a repeat for both of us ... but oh what a repeat!
9. Still tracking my food; still in the right ranges. Doing limited workouts. Maintaining my weight. Feeling motivated.