Monday, April 15, 2013
As a lot of you know, my mind travels in multiple directions when I'm typing out my blogs...but I'm going to try to make everything coherent in this one!
How hard do you work at it? I am struggling BIG time with this question this week. I've been training for a 5k for about a month now and I've improved my time so much. Although I haven't been doing a lot of strength training like I probably should, I've been doing so much cardio with the training (3.1 miles at least every other day). My diet is healthy--it has actually always been pretty healthy, so it's hard to see weight loss from changing my diet.
I feel like I'm already at a plateau and I'm at the beginning of my weight loss journey! It's so frustrating to know I'm working so hard to see little results. This week I'm definitely adding more strength training to see if it helps. I also may not be eating enough either--I struggle with preparing meals.
Has anyone had this problem when they've started their weightloss journey? I'd like to know how others have been successful--what can I change to finally see some weight loss? Does it help to make sure you eat several small meals a day? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
On a positive note and for motivation, I was inspired by a fellow spark friend with creating a list of "Skinny Fantasies", or things that I'm looking forward to when I lose the weight. Here's my list so far:
1. To do spontaneous physical challenges
2. To see the looks on faces of people I haven't seen in years
3. To play soccer again
4. To wear a bikini and not jiggle
5. To know that whatever I put on in the morning will look good
6. To not be afraid to go out with friends
7. To be able to feel good about being in photos
8. To not be scared of breaking things or not fitting in/on things because of my weight
What does your list look like?