My heart bleeds for the events at the Boston Marathon today. As yet, there is still no link to responsibility, but I struggle with the concept that there are those of any race, creed, or background who believe that this is a legitimate way to express themselves.
I, at first, was just thinking that this is another tragedy that while is horrible is happening somewhere see. Then, I read the Facebook post by SparkPeople wishing their members who may be running, that they are save as well. It made me realize while I'm still working to get my 30-50 minute walk in each day, there are those who have trained for this for so long. There may even be many first-timers who started out nearly as unfit as I, and have worked themselves through so many stages of getting fit, culminating in what should have been a euphoric day of accomplishment... some of those first timers may have been in the back half of the race and not been able to actually complete the race. I hope that they all come away with a great sense of accomplishment. My thoughts and prayers are with all how died, those injured and all those who were witness to such a horrible event.
Review of my Rules:
RULES to LIVE BY (Goals):
1. Weigh at least once a week.
2. Record my food daily.
3. Commit to at least 10 min of activity a day and recording it daily.
4. Start working on increasing nightly sleep to 8 hours.
5. Avoid processed foods, especially when cooking at home.
6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, I know it works.
7. Write on this page at least twice a week... will work to keep it three times.
8. Find time to spend in prayer daily.
9. Find time to be mindful, relax, and review the success of the above plan.
10. Be honest with myself on keeping to these rules.