Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
TRAVELGRRL
80,000-99,999 SparkPoints 94,609
SparkPoints
 

It's Working

Monday, April 15, 2013

I wish I could pinpoint what has made my weight start moving again, but I don't want to jinx it by looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I'm down to 146.5! I'm really amazed. Only 10.5 pounds away from a healthy BMI. If I was to guess, I would say it is a greater consistency in my eating and the addition of the women's running clinic. I did not remove any workouts but added 3 more per week.

My rest day yesterday was not as active as I planned; I cleaned about half the house thoroughly and then TC came in and we watched a video. If you get a chance to watch "The Exotic Marigold Hotel", do so. It actually kept my interest the whole way through and has wonderful messages about aging and life in general!

Nancy- asked when I was seeing our granddaughter again; we've been Skyping every Sunday but we'll see her the first and third weeks in June and then again the first week in July. That will probably be it for the year. She's a little doll as you can see below for yourself! She's nearly 12 weeks old and weighs 8 pound, 8 ounces.

The best pacifier in the world! It doesn't fall out because the stuffed animal keeps it "anchored".



Rebecca getting a little bored with the conversation:



In unhappy news, my daughter spontaneously woke up with Bell's Palsy, which the doctor said was not unusual after giving birth. Anyone else ever hear that? The whole left side of her face is drooping, she has trouble talking and she has to wear an eyepatch because she can't blink her eye. The doc said 70% of cases go away in 6 months. I'm worried about the other 30%! Poor thing!

In the most unhappy news, my dad saw his oncologist and has been given "a few months" to live. I feel pretty helpless 1,000 miles away, but we'll be up there in about 5 weeks. We are praying for "a good end".

Until next time Sparkfriends, be sure to live each day gratefully and to the fullest. You just never know....

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • v CINDYSDAY
    emoticon
    1193 days ago
  • v KRISKECK
    Such a mixed bag this life is...so much to be happy for and still so often sorrow mixed with the joy. It makes me realize how fleeting all of it is and I want to be sure to soak up all of the good that I can, to bask in it, so that I have love to spare when it is needed. So happy for you and your beautiful granddaughter and sad for your dad. I miss mine every day.

    Blessings to you,
    Kristin
    1194 days ago
  • v WATERMELLEN
    Such tough news about your dad and daughter -- such a gorgeous little grandbaby -- and congrats on the busted plateau. Isn't life like that?
    1194 days ago
  • v AMARILYNH
    I'm so sorry about your dad and your daughter. I had a co-worker who had Bell's Palsy - I seem to remember that it lasted less than six months for him. Sending prayers!!

    Congratulations on leaving your plateau!! I'm sure its the additional exercise - its got your metabolism moving!!
    1194 days ago
  • v BOOKAPHILE
    Wow, Nanette, the gamut of emotions in your blog today!
    Your granddaughter is such a cutie! I'm glad for skype! And digital photos! Soak up those great times when you are actually in her presence.

    The news of your daughter and Dad is saddening and sobering. I will pray she recovers fully and that your Dad does end well. You are treasuring them, they know it, and that's important.

    Yay for your breakthrough! Keeping those calories in line makes a big difference. Well done!
    1194 days ago
  • v BUTTERFLY-1976
    Sorry to hear about your daughter & father. emoticon

    Congrats on the scale moving again!! emoticon
    1194 days ago
  • v MEADSBAY
    omg- so sorry about your daughter- my cousin had it and it lasted almost a year (hers was not post-partum).
    Rebecca is so adorable!
    emoticon on your continued success.
    When my foot heals I am going to double up my workouts for a few weeks- do my normal hour of interval training PLUS my new ST- see if that helps.
    emoticon
    1194 days ago
  • v SUGAR0814
    Sorry to hear about your daughter & father. I hope all goes well. Your grand daughter is adorable. Just what I needed for an afternoon pick me up! Cutie pie!
    1194 days ago
  • v TRAVELISMYGAME
    Your granddaughter is just precious. I love the yawning pic! I

    Congrats on your weight-loss, that's awesome. You have definitely gotten into the right groove that your body needed. Keep up the great work.

    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and your father. I'll keep them both in my prayers!

    emoticon
    1194 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
 

More Blogs by TRAVELGRRL