Sunday, April 14, 2013
Easy ways to add Exercise to your daily routine:
* Going shopping? Park the car under a light at the outer edges of the Mall parking!
* Ride the bus! Then get on or off the bus several blocks away from your destination.
* If you work in an office building then take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
* During Coffee Breaks take fitness breaks! Walk, stretch or do some office exercises.
* On nice days get outside! Do some leaf raking, prune the shrubs or some other chore.
* Don't use the TV's remote. Get up when you want to change the channel.
* Exercise while watching TV. For example, use hand weights, a stationary bike or treadmill, stretch, or perform body-weight exercises such as crunches, push ups and squats.
* Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office. You'll be ready for activity wherever you go!
* Walk while doing errands.
Exercise Extra: Regular exercise lowers blood pressure, improves cholesterol, and prevents Type II diabetes.