Wednesday, April 10, 2013--Down almost 25 pounds
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Today was the last day of our 12 week BLC challenge. When I started with SparkPeople again in January, I weighed 250, however by the time the BLC challenge started I had lost 4 pounds. During the BLC I lost close to 20 pounds. We are now on an 8 week break before the next one starts and I will continue to lose. What i learned during the challenge:
1. I need to get up every morning and say 'I CAN DO THIS'
2. It is so important to track every bite you eat--without tracking you can easily eat more calories than you want/should.
3. Without adding daily exercise into your plan, you will not keep losing.
4. It is better for me to get up early and get my cardio in before I go to work.
5. Strength training is just as important as cardio (I don't want to end up with wings)
6. I can go exercise by myself but enjoy working with a buddy (Julia).
7. Most restaurants have their nutrition values on line. Check this out before you go to the restaurant or you could end up with more calories than you think and a lot of restaurant food is full of sodium.
8. I am stronger than I thought and it has become easier to say no to bad choices.
9. I am more successful when I have someone to be accountable to (Thank you Steely Sapphire Soldiers)
10. Other people have walked my journey and are willing to share their experiences (Thank you Suzanne).