I started to not even weigh this morning. On previous weight loss attempts, it has taken 2 to 3 weeks of eating right, drinking water and exercising before the scale budged. So I wasn't really expecting anything.
But I'm glad I decided to look. Seeing that I dropped 2.2 lbs my very first week back on the wagon, even with having a couple not so good days, made my day.
In other news, yesterday I found a way to eat cauliflower. I've never been real big on it. I couldn't stand it cook and only ate it raw once in a blue moon. But since I'm a carb lover on a low carb diet, I was looking for things to substitute and decided to try a faux mashed potato recipe I found. It turned out pretty good, although I need to make a few tweaks to make it thicker and more flavorful.
The really surprising part was my family's reaction to it. My husband has an aversion to most healthy stuff and my daughter doesn't like veggies. Yet he liked it and my daughter's only complaint was that it wasn't thick enough.
The next thing I want to try is spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta. I've never been a fan of squash no matter how it's prepared so this is going to be interesting. But if I can use it for a substitution for pasta, it will make staying on track with this low-carb diet a lot easier.
Self-compliments for the day
1) I fonnd a healthy recipe my family actually likes.
2) I ended yesterday with 15 glasses of water.
3) Even though I was tired and it was getting close to dark, I still went for my walk and got a mile in.
4) I managed to stay in range on calories and net carbs yesterday. I actually had carbs to spare, which is huge for a carb-lover.
5) This early weight loss has motivated me to kick it up a notch. I think I'm going to add in some cardio DVDs with my walking.