I thought that I should do a quick entry. My last entry was on the 5th, and my goal was at least two entries per week.
Today was warm, and while the pollen count was at record highs, it was tolerable. I stayed inside most of the day, and that helped I'm sure. This evening, I thought i had better run to the store, and on the way there, I passed my park. I spontaneously decided to stop and take a walk. I told myself I'd do at least only 15 min, and then reassess. My knee is still a bit sore, but I tried to be very thoughtful while walking and keeping my knees well-aligned while walking. I was so proud of myself, I completed 25 min, and then went to continue my errands.
It was a lovely spring day today, 81 degrees, I think. Our house is still 76, but I'm finding that the ceiling fans are pretty effective, so I have decided to avoid using air conditioning as long as I can. During the morning and the evening, I kept the door to the screen porch open to get some fresh air. The only problem is that for some reason there are no screens on any of the regular windows, so i can't open a window in the bedroom or anywhere upstairs to air things out. This is a little disappointing, but I'm surviving so far. I know that I'l probably have to use air conditioning for the upstairs later in the week.
Review of my Rules:
RULES to LIVE BY (Goals):
1. Weigh at least once a week.
2. Record my food daily.
3. Commit to at least 10 min of activity a day and recording it daily.
4. Start working on increasing nightly sleep to 8 hours.
5. Avoid processed foods, especially when cooking at home.
6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, I know it works.
7. Write on this page at least twice a week... will work to keep it three times.
8. Find time to spend in prayer daily.
9. Find time to be mindful, relax, and review the success of the above plan.
10. Be honest with myself on keeping to these rules.
Doing pretty well with #1,2,5,7 and 8.
3. I have be increasing my daily activity every day, but its not yet everyday. I will work to make it everday this week.
4. Sleep is still quite difficult, and I know part of it is a new house thats undergoing a remodel, and having Hubby away so much. I am working to be consistent with 6or 7 hours.
6. Water has been a struggle, initially, it was because they would turn off the water for many hours each day. Not there's not excuse, so each day, it become a new struggle.
10. I have to be very careful about measurements for recording food. I am trying to be conservative about my estimates. I don't have all my tools here yet.