Tuesday, April 09, 2013
A while back I caught bell peppers on sale at a really good price. Most of the time I just get the green ones because they're cheaper, but on this day the red and yellow ones were on sale too. I love bell peppers because they are so versatile. You can snack on them raw or dice them up to put in a salad. You can stuff them, stir fry them or toss them in a wide variety of dishes.
Anyway, the day I caught them on sale, I bought a lot. I saved a couple to be eaten fresh. The rest I divided up, cutting half into strips and dicing the other half. Then I froze them so I'd have them on hand whenever I wanted to throw some into a recipe.
I woke up this morning craving an omelet. Not just any omelet, but one packed with baby spinach and bell peppers. I started gathering my supplies only to realize that my frozen peppers weren't where they were supposed to be. I pulled everything out, but they were nowhere to be found. I checked our other fridge and then the big upright freezer. No peppers anywhere.
I distinctly remember using some of the frozen diced peppers a couple weeks ago in a dish and there was plenty left in the freezer bag then so I know I didn't run out. My husband rarely cooks and he knows better than to throw something out without checking with me first. So where did they go?
I guess I'll be going shopping for more peppers today.
Self-compliments for the day
1) Even though I was not at all motivated to exercise yesterday, I still did 30 minutes of strength-training.
2) I got 12 glasses of water in yesterday. And I'm already starting my 4th glass for today and it's not even 11:00 yet.
3) I actually craved something healthy for a change.
4) I was talking to some friends yesterday about my decision to get healthy and inspired one friend to join me.
5) I spread the Spark yesterday.