Sunday, April 07, 2013
It was a successful week! When I weighed in at Weight Watchers this week, I reached a goal of losing 10% of my body weight! So what did I do differently that helped me to be successful? Here is a list of things that I can think of off the top of my head:
1.) I have tracked my food every day for the last six months.
2.) Even though I'm hypothyroid and the weight is coming off very slowly, I never give up on myself.
3.) I drink 64+ ounces of water daily plus any other liquids I choose to drink.
4.) I aim for between 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
5.) If I slip up and go over my daily range, I forgive myself, get back to my plan and move forward.
6.) I complete some sort of workout, every single day and I schedule it like any other important meeting or appointment.
7.) If I feel tired, I lighten my workout but I still get some form of exercise every day.
8.) I have almost no food that could be considered "snack food" in our house.
9.) If I want to have a snack, I budget for it and go out somewhere and purchase one portion.
10) I share my long and short term goals with other people.
11) I eat for health and practice mindful eating.
12) I reward myself with non food rewards and do it frequently.
13) I practice positive self talk and am actively working on my body image and self esteem.
14) I surround myself with positive, supportive people.
15) I have let go of the things in my past that have caused me pain.
16) I have forgiven others, so the pain of past transgressions doesn't control me.
17) I feed my spiritual self and nurture my physical and emotional self as much as I nurture others.
18) I have measuring cups, spoons and a scale on the kitchen counter and I use them.
19) I accept help from other people and realize that this isn't a sign of weakness.
20) I set aside time just for myself every single day.
I would love to have you share some of your secrets of success with me. What has helped you with your own personal goals?