I was feeling quite lazy today, and trying to talk myself out of going for a walk. I have had a problem knee in the past and get it back in shape through physical therapy. Then, after a while, it gets painful again and I need to exercise it to strengthen it.
But, today, it was sunny and nice, and I was driving by the park, thought I was running an errand and going to the grocery to pick up some things. Instead, I spontaneously turned into the park. There are two sets of trails, one, much shorter then the other. As I was pulling into the park, I intended to do the shorter trail. I felt so good, and while my knee was a little sore, it seemed to get better as i kept walking. I used the longer trail. The sun felt so good. Lately, when I walk by myself, I have been using the time to say a rosary. I have found it a wonderful combination.
After my walk, i went and ran my errands. I noticed that my knee was stiffening, so I came home and iced it. I'll stay off it the rest of the evening to give it a rest. Then tomorrow, I plan to start some exercises for it and I'll try to do a little shorter walk. Ice it again I'm so frustrated that I'm motivated to make a change and doing a pretty good job of keeping to my rules, and my knee is holding me back a bit. i guess its a good reminder that i need to make these changes. For all those years, I never noted any limitations from my extra weight, I could do the hiking I wanted, and swim, walk, etc. Now, I notice limitations daily and struggle to do what i want. But, I can do this!!! I will do this.
Review of my Rules:
RULES to LIVE BY (Goals):
1. Weigh at least once a week.
2. Record my food daily.
3. Commit to at least 10 min of activity a day and recording it daily.
4. Start working on increasing nightly sleep to 8 hours.
5. Avoid processed foods, especially when cooking at home.
6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, I know it works.
7. Write on this page at least twice a week... will work to keep it three times.
8. Find time to spend in prayer daily.
9. Find time to be mindful, relax, and review the success of the above plan.
10. Be honest with myself on keeping to these rules.
I need to concentrate on #4, #5, #6,
Have a great weekend everyone!