WooHoo for Friday!
Friday, April 05, 2013
Oh I am so happy that today is Friday! The week went by nice and fast and I am so happy that I was able to make it through a regular work week (4-9-4) schedule without wanting to crawl in a cave from exhaustion! Granted, I was off half-day on Wednesday so it's still not a "full" week, but I feel like my energy levels were a lot closer to normal this week...makes me excited for where I might be next week!
Accountability Time! My mini-goals for yesterday were:
1. Water - Yep drank it all and 1 more cup. So I finally did a little closer to the "or more", but I'm going to keep pushing on this one because it's not feeling like habit yet.
2. Stretch before bed - Ummm...failed on this one. BUT, I know it's not the same, but I did take a warm bath and my muscles definitely unwound from it. I woke up this morning with only a little muscle soreness in my left hamstring and my hip flexors. But only noticeable when I focus on it. So even though it wasn't *exactly* what I planned, I feel like it had the same outcome. So I don't know if I can say the goal was met or not...I'm tending to say that the result was definitely met though!
Since it is Friday I am going to give myself some weekend mini-goals instead of only a day.
1. Water - the weekends are always the most difficult because I'm not sitting at a desk or have my morning routine of drinking down three cups on the way to work. So this is always a challenge. So the minimum amount, OR MORE, today, tomorrow and Sunday.
2. Create a workout plan - I have my PT exercises that I'm doing at home on days that I don't have PT, but I need to up the ante, so I am going to add in some core work, get my non-injured leg back in the mix (I've mostly been able to focus on just the injured leg because the right leg was carrying the full burden for so long it was in a pretty good place...but no more - the left leg is catching up and PASSING!) and some upper body.
3. Prep for lunches for the week - I've done this the past two weeks already, but it is critical...and part of prepping is to find a way to add more freggies to the mix.
And I of course can't forget the big April goal - so I want to track at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday). Especially since I don't eat the most stellar when I'm at home.
I should have a fairly quiet weekend so the plan is to get some stuff done around the house. Hope everyone else has a fantastic weekend too!