Thursday, April 04, 2013
Happy April! I am keeping up with my monthly goal blogs, taking look back at the previous month and looking ahead to the next month. I am also taking stock of how I am doing on my 2013 goals.
I am excited for warmer (though it has felt chilly lately) and longer days so that I can get back outside! I also have been given the okay to start run/walk intervals after my leg injury (IT band) so I have started a couch to 5K again to get back in shape.
How has your month been? I feel like I am making progress but the beginning of March was rough. The stress continuted to me and has effected my eating. There was binging. I started tracking my binging midmonth with a calendar (3/15 ish?) and I have only binged 3 times since then! I will reward myself when I cross of 60 days of not binging (vera bradley perhaps?). I have found the keep to scheduling my eating through the day so I am not famished at home and getting enough sleep. I will keep you posted!
First off, the weight goals:
March 2013 Start Weight: 169.8
March End Goal Weight: 173.6 (early month binging and Easter weekend..looking forward)
April End Goal Weight: 169
1. NIX THE NIGHTTIME EATING: This was where the binging occured so I still need to work on this one but it did improve by the end of the month...hopefully I can keep that going
2. DO MY PT STRETCHING DAILY AND STRENGTHENING ATLEAST EVERY OTHER DAY: I did well with this. I am making progress from my injury, slow progress
3. CLEAN 15 MIN PER DAY: Kept this up most days.
1. C25K: I really want to get back in running shape so I want to keep to this plan while watching my body. I do not want to get hurt again!
2. STICK TO AN EATING SCHEDULE AT WORK: I find this really helps me not binge at home at night. I bring sufficient food to work but sometimes front load the food leading to me being hungry when I get home.
3. LIMIT SUGAR INTAKE: This tends to lead to sugar crashing. I will still allow for occasional treats, but I need to stop myself before going overboard. What can I say, I have a super sweet tooth!
2013 goal checkin:
I would also like to taking a monthly look at my 2013 goals so that I do not forget about them.
1. Goal weight by the end of the year of 145 (start 174): Its going down, but I have to step it up if I want to meet my goal!
2. Work out 5 Days a Week: Doing well with this. I am doing some form of exercise most days (usually at least 6 days!)
3. Learn to be a mindful eater: goal for this month but I think I am improving (bad begining of the month, better end) One step backward, two steps forward.... This is a key to losing the weight I think
4. Declutter my apartment: Making progress but still want to step this up a little
5. Read more: 1-The Help, 2- The Hunger Games, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, 12-
6. Take a breath: Need to work on this one...
Well, thats all folks! Hope everyone has a great April! We can do this!