Shopping that proves a point
Wednesday, April 03, 2013
New workout pants! My new ones on top of the old ones. Old size 3x American. New size 2x South Africa- this is more like XL in USA.
We took our trip to Nairobi to shop and rest. It was a bit frustrating to shop for sizes when the sizes in African countries and not the same. I was about to give up on finding a pair of jeans that fit. The first ones zipped, but I was pretty sure I would not be able to sit...This is something I decided was important in a pair of jeans, so I spent 2 hours going back and forth to the fitting rooms. It was so much easier in the USA, when the sales lady would go pull clothes for me and know my size most of the time.
Old size at biggest 26/28. Size of jeans worn in photo- 22. New size 18/20! WooHoo! That means I have lost 6 whole sizes!
1. BRAND new exercise bras-NIKE! They fit perfect, so now I am properly dressed to lead the exercise class.
2. New undies...yes the bloomers are cute, but I had to find some that would not bunch under the new workout pants and jeans.
3. Casual tennis shoes...I don't know if it because I lost weight, or if the shoes at Bata actually are comfortable. It has been many years since I wore a pair of KED style shoes. These are just cute and comfy. Now my workout shoes can be my workout shoes....
4. A very cute and functional bra that isn't 2 inches too big. I should have bought 2, but it was the last day and I was tired...what can I say? Well, I suppose it will have to work double time.
5. A few shirts that don't droop off my shoulders. You have seen the photos...Next time I promise to have my hubby take a photo of me in my new workout clothes!