Proud. Amazed. Humbled. Inspired. Grateful. Transformed.
The end of my first 12-Week Transformation Challenge is here & these are just a few emotions I feel.
My journey actually started in 2006, when I was 95 lbs. heavier & couldn't walk 2 miles without wanting to cry (there were days I did). Even after all these years, I'd have to say this was my first true transformation, where the outside is beginning to reflect the warrior spirit on the inside.
For numbers nerds, here are the stats:
• 15.2 lbs. lost - 135.8 lbs. to 120.6 lbs.
• 6.4% bodyfat lost - 21% to 14.6%
• 10.1" lost overall
• deadlift x 301 lbs
• bench x 155 lbs
• 55-lb sandbag pistols
New Skills (to name a few)
• high knee jump rope with crossed-arms
• clapping pull-ups
• plyo pull-ups
• plyo push-ups with all limbs off the ground
•sledgehammer swings with 8-lb sledge
• First 6 weeks was 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats
• Second 6 weeks was 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% fats
• Whey & casein
• Optimum Opti-Women multivitamin
• Vitamin D
• Dark Matter post-workout (first 6 weeks only)
• Cellucor C4 Extreme pre-workout as needed
• Cellucor Super HD (last 4 weeks only)
• Scivation Xtend BCAAs intra-workout
• First 4 weeks: Full-body circuit training x 3 days/week; cardio 3 days/week
• Second 4 weeks: Full-body circuit training x 3 days/week; cardio 4-5 days/week
• Third 4 weeks: Full-body circuit training x 3-4 days/week; PM cardio 4-5 days week; AM fasted cardio 5 days/week
The absolute highlight of the challenge was unexpectedly being featured on Ross Enamait's website, RossTraining.com. The man promotes excellence in everything you do, inside & outside of the gym, & it's his methods & philosophy that keep me motivated to see how far I can go. I've shared this already but here's the link again rosstraining.com/blog/20
Thanks to the challenge, I built the courage to apply for Season 5 of the reality TV show, American Ninja Warrior. A large part of my video application is sharing my story - dealing with my dad's sudden death, losing my childhood home, supporting myself early on - which was enormously scary for me. I'm now happy to have applied & shared it on YouTube, because if there's only one person out there that's motivated to make a change, it was worth it.
No matter what happened yesterday, just keep doing work today & your life will change.