Monday, April 01, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Really falling into a rhythm here. Got my 1000 minutes of exercise in for the month. I have always been happy to just trot along on a 5 (12 minute mile) on my treadmill. Lately, I've put a little pep in my step and it feels great to see the improvement. I've also started swimming again, which is a nice change and an amazing workout. Still eating most of our meals at home and limiting my alcohol.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - March was good in this area, but not great. We were out of town for several days for spring break and still managed to keep everything reasonably together, so I consider that a success. Want to really focus on this area in April. My desk still looks like someone vomited paper and files all over it.
3. More quality time with the girls - This was great. We had a kids' vacation for spring break. We are doing cooking with mom night, going to the grocery store together, and I played Legos with them some.
4. Pay off debt - Really worked hard and focused and was able to make real progress here in March. Super proud of me and DH!
5. Encourage others - Yes and no. Been doing great encouraging DH and the girls, but have slipped with another person in my life. Not sure she's in a place where she's ready to be encouraged. DH is exercising regularly and the girls are starting to become fitness junkies like their Momma. It is so cute!
6. Patience - I'm doing much better here. I'm listening better to clients, Mom, and the girls. Mom came over to eat dinner last Tuesday. When we were done she asked if I wanted to play cards. My first instinct was to make an excuse and try to get her out of the house so I could relax on the couch. Instead I played cards with her and was glad I did.
The month as a whole looks pretty good. Guess if I'm going to get some work done at my desk today, I better get to it!